We are the G.S. Haly Company
North America’s Premiere Specialty Tea Supplier
Family owned and operated, the G.S. Haly Company is the oldest tea importer in the United States with more than 127 years of global trade experience. The depths of our relationships in tea-producing countries ensure direct and preferential access to the finest, most consistent teas on the market, and we maintain one of the largest selections of in stock, premium teas available in North America. Very simply, we offer decades of unparalleled experience and our quality standards are guaranteed.
The strength of the G.S. Haly Company in the competitive tea marketplace is an ability to expertly balance scale with highly focused quality standards. Our clients enjoy a service style of true partnership and careful decisions balancing quality, price, and availability.
Most of our clients have been with us for decades, utilizing our buying skills to drive their growth. Your tea will be exactly as needed for your business, whether that means finding an appropriate base for iced tea, creating customized house blends, formulation for bottled beverages, or exclusively sourcing specific teas.
We embrace transparency and integrity in all our dealings as the cornerstones of our reputation, and among the reasons for our long-term success as America’s oldest continuously operating specialty tea company.
To set and maintain the highest quality standards for the North American specialty tea industry, preserving heritage, honesty and integrity in the cup by sharing knowledge and experience with anyone interested in learning.
The G.S. Haly Company sets the benchmark for North American Specialty tea through quality-focused procurement, wide-ranging product knowledge, expert customer service, and unsurpassed global tea trade experience.
- Quality-based relationships at origin
- Industry engagement, sharing, and expertise
- Breadth and depth of industry knowledge—current and historic
- Honesty, reliability, integrity
Balancing scale with quality, consistency, and education—for both customers and sources.
- Strive to maintain positive, honest long-term relationships with global suppliers
- Buy from quality-focused gardens and factories
- Leverage purchasing power to support ethical standards for the environment and people at each level of the tea trade
- Understand that a tea education is a lifetime commitment
- Pursue wide-ranging knowledge and experience with specialty tea across multiple origins, production types, and markets
- Regular travel to origin to learn firsthand from producers and suppliers, furthering knowledge and experience
Proactive Quality Management
- Thorough and disciplined cupping protocol for organoleptic quality control
- Ongoing development of safety and quality measures in conjunction with regulatory agencies, customer requirements, and conditions at origin
- Partnering with customers and suppliers to support and further the success of the specialty tea industry
- Support and participation in the US tea industry through relevant trade organizations, events, and outreach